project 01 prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
genevieve_dierenga

project 01 prelim

Post by genevieve_dierenga »

Hi everyone here is my prelim
Attachments
Web 1920 – 6.png
Web 1920 – 5.png
Web 1920 – 4.png
Web 1920 – 3.png
Web 1920 – 2.png
Web 1920 – 1.png
iPhone 14 Pro Max – 6.png
iPhone 14 Pro Max – 5.png
iPhone 14 Pro Max – 4.png
iPhone 14 Pro Max – 3.png
iPhone 14 Pro Max – 2.png
iPhone 14 Pro Max – 1.png
home.png
home – 1.png
Web 1920 – 7.png
prelim.zip
(3.54 MiB) Downloaded 8 times

LMisher

Re: project 01 prelim

Post by LMisher »

Hello Genevieve,

I think that your website is going to look great when you are finished. I like the color schemes and designs on both versions. My only suggestion would have been to provide your brainstorming and thumbnails to give us a look inside of your creative style so that we (the visitors) have an idea of what to expect for the final product. Otherwise, you did a good job on your rough drafts.
According to Benjamin Disraeli, "The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes". Let's make each day count!

LaTara :)

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

hi genevieve!
When I first looked at your designs I favored the blue layout a little more because of how playful it felt, but after googling Kati Forner I think the green design fits perfectly! Especially with the black and white photo it complements the color palette very well. Her design work is very clean and that translates well with the serifs and boxy shapes you have in the green set. I think the only critique I have would maybe be to add another color to play with in the design, or another typeface/weight of a typeface you already used just to add a little spice. excited to see where you take the design!
kristen rothbauer ━ ☆゚.*・。゚

kawinthrac

Post by kawinthrac »

Hi Genevieve, Both layout designs are looking good. I like the blue one a little more. The color combination is going well together. I love your font style on the blue one. It's lovely and playful. The only one thing is the layout on portfolio page. It might be a bit busy with this background. I think it depends on the artworks you will choose. By the way, when thinking of Kati's works, the green could work beautifully too. Can't wait to see which one you'll choose for your final. Both will be looking great!

shasta_m0ri

Post by shasta_m0ri »

Genevieve,
I had to look this person up so I could see what kind of design work she does, and from one glance at her website, I think the green and tan design is the way to go. The colors are very neutral and seem to represent her a little more than the blue and yellow. I also like the concept of a photo carousel, which I’m assuming you are planning to do in the third-to-last image of yours.

I would say maybe try to add something “more” to the page, like a background texture or the addition of a nice, elegant font for the headlines.
~ Shasta Mori ~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the visual direction your roughs are going in! My favorite color palette out of the two is the green and cream combination. They work well together and help draw interest to your designs!
Olivia Haltom

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

Hello, I really like the green designs! I think the green and sandy color works really well and contrasts amazingly. I like the way the body copy is organized and your type hierarchies work really well together. I think the only thing I'd change is make the navigation bigger on the phone layouts, when its super small it can be really difficult to click on. I really like your work! good job!