Project 01 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
hazzie.jpg

Project 01 Roughs

Post by hazzie.jpg »

Hello! I chose Designer Armin Hofmann as my greatest inspiration. His work has significantly contributed to my growth, not just as a designer, but also as an artist. I really love his principles of design where I have found a great appreciation towards the intricate balance between simplicity and complexity in design—what he referred to as 'complex simplicity.' I hope to have done him justice and reflected that in these layouts. Any and all feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Website Version 01 Page 01
web01.png
Website Version 01 Page 02
web02.png
Mobile Version 01 Page 01
mobile01.png
Mobile Version 01 Page 02
mobile02.png
Website Version 02 Page 01
web03.png
Website Version 02 Page 02
web04.png
Mobile Version 02 Page 01
mobile03.png
Mobile Version 02 Page 02
mobile04.png
thumbnails, site needs and goals, thumbnails, style guide:
working-graphics.zip
(882.45 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
˙˚∘⊹Hazzie Castaneda⊹∘˚˙

drkittenpagas

Re: Project 01 Roughs

Post by drkittenpagas »

Hi Hazzie,
I really think your top design nods to complex simplicity and I love the aesthetic of it. I would push that one. I like the look of your second design but I feel a little "staticky" from it.
Kirsten Pargas

ChloieKonrad

Post by ChloieKonrad »

Hi Hazzie,

I really like design one! It looks very clean and modern.
I think the second design is a really cool concept, but it is a little bit busy with the background.

Great Job! :D
𝓒𝓱𝓵𝓸𝓲𝓮 𝓚𝓸𝓷𝓻𝓪𝓭

kawinthrac

Post by kawinthrac »

Hi Hazzie, I think both of your designs are eye catching. Black & White theme works well with the artist. I'm leaning on the first design more because of its simplicity and cleanliness. Your page layouts on the first one are so well done. It's visually pleasing. The second design also catches my attention. I am not sure if the background will go well on artworks page. They might be competing with each other.

shasta_m0ri

Post by shasta_m0ri »

Hazzie,
I love the simple and modern style of the first design. The stark contrast of black and white in all of your designs is beautiful. I like what you were doing with the design on the second one, but I think it’s just a bit too distracting. If you were to somehow tone this down or move the rough pixelated background further from the central content and closer to the borders, that would be okay. But I still think the top design is best.
~ Shasta Mori ~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I love your approach to this website! The first roughs seems the most visually appealing to me. I would like to see some more color but I do see your vision with the all black and white! Great job overall :)
Olivia Haltom