Project one roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
ChloieKonrad

Project one roughs

Post by ChloieKonrad »

Hello Everyone,
I chose Sabrina Carpenter as my inspiration for this project.
Brainstorming.jpg
18 Thumbnails.jpg
Site Map.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
snag-ckonrad.jpg
(Realized when doing critiques that I didn't attach my Style Guide so I'm attaching it now :) )
Style Guides.jpg
Last edited by ChloieKonrad on Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝓒𝓱𝓵𝓸𝓲𝓮 𝓚𝓸𝓷𝓻𝓪𝓭

LMisher

Re: Project one roughs

Post by LMisher »

Hello Chloie,

I think that you are off to a good start. I really enjoyed your brainstorming page because I could clearly visualize your website ideas before I even saw your sample work. One thing I would suggest is on the mobile versions, is to add a three-line hamburger menu to show the visitors where to find the website content. Other than that, you did a really good job. I look forward to seeing the final version!
According to Benjamin Disraeli, "The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes". Let's make each day count!

LaTara :)

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

hi chloie!
I also love sabrina ! The color palettes you chose for both designs fit her vibe and branding so well. I think I'm a little partial to the blue design, I love how the images flow throughout the page and the pictures you chose fit the color palette so well too. It might be fun to play with the logo a little more in the second design, like how you did in the first. Or even just the heart motif, but your roughs look great and I'm excited to see the final designs!
kristen rothbauer ━ ☆゚.*・。゚

mmisson_01

Post by mmisson_01 »

Hi Chloie,
The designs for both versions look great! I really like how the first one employs the same colors from the Sabrina image on the home page, it makes the entire design of the website cohesive and very inviting. My only suggestion with this version is to make the home page background [somewhat] match with the other sub pages (or vice-versa), so that when a user flips through your website, they aren't suddenly flashed with a different background style after reading through another page that didn't have it. Last thing I wanted to mention about the first version is that the page buttons on the side was an amazing layout choice in order to give Sabrina more attention!

The second design is very clean and modern, it was really clever to have the contact page be a place where users can send in their concert photos! However, the cover image for the home page feels plastered on and doesn't really connect to the entire look in my opinion, I think it would help if you apply some filters on top of it to tie it in more and/or to zoom in (since she does feel a bit far away). But other than that, I think you have two great concepts in the works here, can't wait to see which one you will choose for the final rendition!
-Meghna Misson
★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★

GRC 275-3001
Fall, 2024

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I absolutely love the vibe of all your layouts. The repeating image of her looks really nice but I would love to see it onto of a pink background. Overall such a cute website so far!
Olivia Haltom

Seungwoo Lee

Post by Seungwoo Lee »

Hello! I like your web design. I think your layout is well arranged. And I think your thumbnail helped you a lot with your web design. I think your placed the pictures well. Especially, I like the first web design. I think the combination of the pictures and pink color came out well!! you did a great job.