Project 01 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kevin_ksk

Project 01 Prelim

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hi everyone. I picked the designer Tom Muller as my inspiration.
Attachments
thumbnails.png
site_needs_goals.png
site_map.png
brainstorm.png
02_design_homepage_mobile.png
02_design_homepage_desktop.png
02_design_contact_mobile.png
02_design_contact_desktop.png
01_design_homepage_mobile.png
01_design_home_desktop.png
01_design_gallery_mobile.png
01_design_gallery_desktop.png
Kevin Kruitbosch 8-)

drkittenpagas

Re: Project 01 Prelim

Post by drkittenpagas »

Hi Kevin,
I like your bottom second design, it feels more dynamic and relevant. I also like the space you left on the home pages, there's space for the eye to move even though its an intense red screen. I would maybe carry some of that space onto your gallery page.
Kirsten Pargas

Melissa_Sanchez

Post by Melissa_Sanchez »

Hi Kevin,

I like your second set of designs. Your homepage really catches my eye especially because of the bright orange background and the white text, it looks like a modern website. For your gallery pages I think I would try adding a bit of space between the images that way they do not clash together.

kawinthrac

Post by kawinthrac »

Hi Kevin, I like your second design more. I love your home page. It is striking. White text is pop out and easier to read comparing to the first design which is a bit hard to read. One thing you could consider is making the artist's name/logo on the top left corner more pop. I look forward to seeing the final version.

mmisson_01

Post by mmisson_01 »

Hey Kevin,
Great work on these prelims! I really enjoy how professional and cohesive they are in each version, and the text hierarchy provides great readability through out it! However, the first version is a bit overwhelming with the designs visible behind Tom Muller in the cover image and his work below, especially in the mobile format (I would suggest not including his other work on the home page in the mobile version since it just adds too much immediately if opening the site for the first time, and to have them instead only on the Gallery page).

So, I'm more drawn to your second concept where it's much more breathable and well-balanced. I also find it very visually captivating with the bright orange background on the home page and Muller's face front and center behind his name--very clever to make the background for the inner pages a complimentary blue :)! Overall, I would say this concept in particular is the one that grabs my attention the most and is the one worth pursuing. But I would love to see which direction you will take in your final rendition, but for, great work!
-Meghna Misson
★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★

GRC 275-3001
Fall, 2024

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

hello, I really like the orange designs, I like the very bold orange and how the navigation is small works really well. I like how the image takes up the entire screen and its a really cool idea. I think maybe play around with his name a little, as of right now its covering his face, I think it would be cool if you managed to put it behind him or even lower the transparency of his name. I would also maybe capitalize the T, but I'm not sure if he prefers it to be lowercase. other than that, I really like your designs, good job! cant wait to see the final result!