Project 1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

Help with my bad decisions

Black with CD's Cover
60%
Colorful and Energetic
40%

Total votes: 5

goggei

Project 1 Prelim

Post by goggei »

Hi guys,
I originally wanted to do a kpop artist named Aespa for their cool MV concepts, but I found out while researching that the Rigend Film Team has done a lot of the videos I find so creative and inspiring. The main thing I wanted to practice from this project was overlapping elements. They specialize with 3D elements + Animation, but have recently dabbled into AI being integrated. I added some 3D elements in the background just to show exactly what they specialize in.
v1 Hpmpeage.png
v1 home mobile.png
v1 Gallery.png
v1 GalleryMobile.png
homepage v2.png
v2 home mobile.png
v2 about.png
v2 about mobile.png
P1 Site Map.png
roughs 1.jpg
roughs 2.jpg
Site Map.png
Site Map.png (10.62 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Nancy Reynozo
╰(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)╯

mars_sink

Re: Project 1 Prelim

Post by mars_sink »

Nancy,

As always, you have outdone yourself! I love both designs, but I think the black one with the CD's cover is a more compelling and interesting design for your website. I enjoy the modern style and the massive text. It feels clean and sleek, and I think it would be super cool if you could make the CDs move when you hit play; IDK if you already had that idea, but that is what I thought of immediately. Great job, Nancy!
- Mars

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

hi Nancy!
Both of these designs are so cool! The layout and the 3d elements of the first one are super fun and create a nice vibe to the website. I do think I favor the second one a little more though, the big bold type is very eye-catching and the stacked cd graphic elements work so well within the design. The second design also has really nice hierarchies that help make the design flow and read really well. Excited to see your final designs!
kristen rothbauer ━ ☆゚.*・。゚

mmisson_01

Post by mmisson_01 »

Hi Nancy,
These are two very wonderful concepts for project 01! They are both very clean, crisp, and have a modern feel to both of them. The one that I think visually attracts me the most has to be the first version with the purple-to-blue-to-black gradient in the background, I think it successfully guides the user to scroll down the page to see what else they might have missed; and the footer at the bottom having the website's other pages available here--instead of having to scroll back all the way to the top to click on them--is an amazing idea to incorporate! The 3D stars in the background pop out quite nicely as well and fit in with the overall theme I am understanding from this company. My only suggestion would to add in another font to work as a subtitle since the type (especially between the headlines, page buttons, and artist names (on the inner page example)) blend in together and don't really have a hierarchy to work through. But besides that, I find this one very interesting and worth choosing :D!

Amazing work overall, can't wait to see your final vision!
-Meghna Misson
★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★

GRC 275-3001
Fall, 2024

onnimelon2

Post by onnimelon2 »

Hi Nancy! I really love both of these designs, but I am with a lot of others here in saying that design 2 looks really cool. I like the CD minimalism effect you have going. Is there anyway we could keep that cute star design from the first design to the second? I really like it and don't want it to go to waste. It adds such a cool 3D parallax effect. Anyways, I can see the design personality of who your representing very clearly!
:D - Alexandra Buyck - :D