Project01_Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
LMisher

Project01_Preliminary

Post by LMisher »

Hello All, here is is my preliminary work for Project 1.
Attachments
site-needs-and-goals.jpg
web-version-inner2.jpg
web-version-inner1.jpg
web-version-home2.jpg
web-version-home1.jpg
thumbnails.jpg
sitemap.jpg
mobile-version-inner2.jpg
mobile-version-inner1.jpg
mobile-version-home2.jpg
mobile-version-home1.jpg
brainstorming.jpg
According to Benjamin Disraeli, "The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes". Let's make each day count!

LaTara :)

mars_sink

Re: Project01_Preliminary

Post by mars_sink »

Hi LaTara,

Julia Child is a great choice for your site! There is already a lot of information out there about the cook, and I personally love Julia Child so I am excited to see what you do with this! I really like the red layout more than the teal, it feels more cohesive and shows off Julia's works in a clean and concise way. I think you could play around with some simple textures to give the design a more compelling look, maybe incorporate simple drawings of food as the site navigation tools? A really good start! Can't wait to see how this turns out.
- Mars

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi, the teal color you used on the background of both the designs are so bold it makes it look nice in my opinion. The color makes the entire website pop out and it's made really well with the inside layout, how it just stays at the top of the bar. On the other hand, I think changing the color of the words on the bar with all the links would help to pop it out because it does blend into the background with the teal while all the white images are taking attention away from it.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the visual direction you are going right now with the teal layouts. This color is complimentary the red seen on her shirt so its overall very eye catching and easy to read. Overall a really great start!
Olivia Haltom

onnimelon2

Post by onnimelon2 »

Hi LaTara! First off I love your choice of Julia Child. I did not see that coming! I agree that the teal is more vibrant and fun. I do think that maybe you should tone the teal a little bit, as it vibrates off a lot of the other colors you have going. Also consider white text for the whole design. I like your idea of the side menu with images, adds more of an interesting layout.
:D - Alexandra Buyck - :D

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

hello, I really like both the teal and red designs. I really like the use of imagery and the fonts you chose, I think the Cursive font is really nice and adds a lot of character. I'm having a hard time choosing which layout I like more, But the red if very vibrant and eye catching but the teal is also very relaxing and a beautiful color. I like your use of single colors the use of white space and I think the black and white photos against the colored backgrounds work really well. I cant wait to see your final designs! good job!