Project 01 - Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

Design A or Design B?

Poll runs till Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:12 pm

Design A
No votes
Design B
100%

Total votes: 1

mmisson_01

Project 01 - Preliminary

Post by mmisson_01 »

Hi everyone,
Here is all of my preliminary work for Project 01!
The person that I chose to revolve my website around is "Fourleaf-Island", otherwise known as Willow Woods or Wyll. If this name might seem familiar, they are best known for their webcomic "Laika's Comet" on Tumblr and Webtoons!
(You can check it out here, it's a really enjoyable read and Willow's use of color theory will absolutely blow you away! https://www.webtoons.com/en/canvas/laik ... _no=857623)
This was also a part of the sole reason as to why I choose Fourleaf-Island in the first place for this project, since discovering them early this year has helped tremendously with my own drawing and coloring process.

(Here is another link to be directed to Fourleaf-Island's Tumblr Blog if you want to view their other work as well: https://fourleafisland.tumblr.com)

DESIGN A
Format 01 - Standard Size (1920 px X 1080 px)
(For Design A, I wanted to go with a more simple and clean approach in order to get back in the groove using Dreamweaver. I also did not want to overburden myself with trying to add in a lot of elements that I don't know how to code for yet, but I am still very eager to try out new things such as the animated fishing-rod drop-down list as viewed here:)
format_01_home_pg_01.png
format_01_inner_pg_01.png
Format 02 - Smartphone Size (640 px X 960 px)
format_02_home_pg_01.png
format_02_inner_pg_02.png
(Since the fishing-rod element can't really be used in this format without complicating things, I thought it would be best to switch it to a scrollbar to indicate that the page the user is currently on has more below it than what's visible on their screen. So when a user slides their finger up to scroll down all the way to the bottom, the fishing-rod would *reel* in the fish).

Style guide for Design A (640 px X 960 px)
design_a_style_guide_01.png
(If you'd noticed, I didn't really use the icon a part of the typographic logo throughout Design A very much, but if I do go through with this Design, I will probably make sure to incorporate it more than what I did here in the preliminary work).
DESIGN B
Format 01 - Standard Size (1920 px X 1080 px)
(For Design B, I was really intrigued to know Fourleaf-Island had an exclusive print club on their Ko-fi page, so I thought what better than to incorporate a postcard layout throughout this design to relate to that aspect! As you can tell, this is widely different from Design A, however, it will definitely be more of a challenge trying to replicate everything here through Dreamweaver, but I am especially delighted with how this design looks for now).
format_01_home_pg_01.png
format_01_inner_pg_01.png
Format 02 - Smartphone Size (640 px X 960 px)
format_02_home_pg_01.png
format_02_inner_pg_01.png
format_02_change_pages_01.png
(The additional inner page is to show how the user can switch between pages, via the red-paw button on the lower left corner of the screen).

Style guide for Design B (640 px X 960 px)
design_b_style_guide_02.png
Thumbnails
thumbnails_pg_01_mmisson.png
thumbnails_pg_01_mmisson.png (37.22 MiB) Viewed 121 times
thumbnails_pg_02_mmisson.png
thumbnails_pg_02_mmisson.png (34.55 MiB) Viewed 121 times
thumbnails_pg_03_mmisson.png
thumbnails_pg_03_mmisson.png (29.84 MiB) Viewed 121 times
thumbnails_pg_04_mmisson.png
thumbnails_pg_04_mmisson.png (35.28 MiB) Viewed 121 times
Brainstorming
brainstorming_mmisson_01.png
brainstorming_mmisson_01.png (41.3 MiB) Viewed 121 times
Site Map
site_map_mmisson_01.png
site_map_mmisson_01.png (35.89 MiB) Viewed 121 times
Site Needs & Goals Analysis
project_01_site_needs_&_goals_analysis_mmisson_01-1.png
project_01_site_needs_&_goals_analysis_mmisson_01-2.png
project_01_site_needs_&_goals_analysis_mmisson_01-3.png
project_01_site_needs_&_goals_analysis_mmisson_01-4.png
-Meghna Misson
★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★(・ω<)★

GRC 275-3001
Fall, 2024

LMisher

Re: Project 01 - Preliminary

Post by LMisher »

Hello Meghna,

I think that you are definite off to a good start with your website. I am enjoying your work so far. Your thumbnails and brainstorms were on point and your color schemes (especially in version 2) were very nice. My only suggestion would probably be to use white text on the darker background so that it is easier to read. Other than that, it's looking good. Well done!
According to Benjamin Disraeli, "The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes". Let's make each day count!

LaTara :)

ChloieKonrad

Post by ChloieKonrad »

Hello Meghna,
I really like both of your designs!
I think my favorite is design B, I really like the Pawprint being the button to switch between pages. My only suggestion is on the smartphone version of Design B, I would make the stripes on the edge go fully around the design like they do on the full web page.
Great Job! :D
𝓒𝓱𝓵𝓸𝓲𝓮 𝓚𝓸𝓷𝓻𝓪𝓭

Aub

Post by Aub »

Wow!! This preliminary work looks too good to be preliminary! I love the designs you made for all the pages I can't wait to see what it looks like in the end, I'm having a hard time trying to find something to nitpick on so maybe it's that some of the black text gets hard to read on the dark blue background, everything else is amazing!
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I absolutely love the look of your design b. The warm tones give a home, comfort feeling and it's a website I would love to click around on. The hamburger menu design is also looking really strong! Great job! It was also really nice to see your style guid and all the colors you are going to use.
Olivia Haltom