Project 01 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cedar

Project 01 Prelim

Post by Cedar »

Here is my project 1 prelim. I chose to do this project on a local artist in Reno named Janis Ni. Seeing her paintings as a kid growing up were what inspired me to start practicing art as well as pursue a career in graphic design.

This is my first version, below is the web browser version of the home page and the current works gallery.
project01_rough01_home_webbrowser.jpg
project01_rough01_currentwork_webbrowser.jpg
Here is the mobile version of the home page and current works gallery.
project01_rough01_home_mobile.jpg
project01_rough01_currentwork_mobile.jpg
This is my second version, starting with the web browser version of the home page and the current works page.
project01_rough02_home_webbrowser.jpg
project01_rough02_currentwork_webbrowser.jpg
and finally the mobile versions.
project01_rough02_home_mobile.jpg
project01_rough02_currentwork_mobile.jpg
Attachments
snag_styleguide_thumbnails_sitemap.zip
(7.84 MiB) Downloaded 11 times

drkittenpagas

Re: Project 01 Prelim

Post by drkittenpagas »

Hi Cedar,
I love both your layouts and I think either one could work splendidly. I'm drawn to dark themes, so I like the top, I also like how you handled the pictures in the type! So Cool!
Kirsten Pargas

Melissa_Sanchez

Post by Melissa_Sanchez »

Hello Cedar,

I like your first sets of designs. The images in the type and their color give a good contrast against the black background which make them pop out! I think they look professional and slick. If you were to go with your second design homepage I would recommend lowering the opacity of the background art/image that way the text is more visible.

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi I like the design you did with the name and the background, that's a really cool effect! The black background makes the whole thing pop out aswell so good job on that. With the other font you used where some lines are thin I did find them a little hard to read, maybe you could play around with that font or find a similar but more thick font for that? Maybe it's just me who can't read it though.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love your first design idea, with the see though block letters. This design choice was super clever and eye catching. I think your layouts express the artist well and Im excited too see how far your will go with these ideas! Great job
Olivia Haltom

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

Hello,
I really love the first designs, I'm curious as to how you got the images inside of the letters. The first layout is very professional and I think it works well, The only thing id play around with is maybe make the navigation just a solid color or choose brighter paintings to contrast the black. it does feel a little confusing having the images within the navigation but I think the white bar you added separates them very well. good job! I really like your designs!