project 01 prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kristenrothbauer

project 01 prelim

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi All!
Here are my eight roughs ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ I chose to do my website on one of my favorite bands the Last Dinner Party. I love listening to their music while I do work, but I am mostly inspired by their creative direction and find myself using similar inspirations throughout my work. They use a lot of Renaissance and baroque references and draw a lot of inspiration from medieval and art nouveau imagery. I tried to make the two sets visually contrasting and leave room for a variety of feedback. For my mobile designs, the logo works as a hamburger menu for the first set, and for the second it is a tap-to-full-screen menu.
Attachments
prelim_kr.zip
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
rough01_kr.png
rough03_kr.png
rough03_mobile_kr.png
rough04_mobile_04.png
Web 1920 – 1.png
galler_sub01.png
homepage.png
gallery_sub01.png
menu.png
kristen rothbauer ━ ☆゚.*・。゚

drkittenpagas

Re: project 01 prelim

Post by drkittenpagas »

Hi Kristen,
I really enjoy the aesthetic and consistency of your first design
Kirsten Pargas

ChloieKonrad

Post by ChloieKonrad »

Hello Kristen,

I really like the first design; the overall theme is very cool and looks great as a web page.

The only thing I see that I would change is with the first designs smartphone designs, I think the top looks a little empty compared to the rest of the page. Maybe add some type of graphic or photo to fill in the space a little bit.

Looks great!
𝓒𝓱𝓵𝓸𝓲𝓮 𝓚𝓸𝓷𝓻𝓪𝓭

Emily-Hudson

Post by Emily-Hudson »

Hi, Kristen

Holy Moly! Your theming in both layouts are so good! I love both!! The color pallets are great!

Although a tough pick, I think your black/red layout is the better of your two. Everything is tied together better and the navigation bar is phenomenal. Your styling is so good. Your home page for the mobile layout looks a bit bare to me. I think keeping the title underneath the picture and more overlapping the picture like the desktop layout would look better.

Fantastic work, excited to see more!!!
Emily Hudson Image

shasta_m0ri

Post by shasta_m0ri »

Kristen,
WOW! These are so good! I love the use of the Renaissance-themed elements; they are a nice nod to something the band represents/refers to. I love the elegance of the dark, gothic theme, but there’s something about the purple theme that I really love.

I don’t think I have any suggestions for improvement. They are both lovely.
~ Shasta Mori ~