Project One Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
shasta_m0ri

Project One Preliminary Critique

Post by shasta_m0ri »

My project one is inspired by Jaison Sterling, the photographer behind Rock Town Media in Little Rock, Arkansas. I discovered Rock Town Media (let’s call them RTM for short) through their Instagram videos. These videos highlighted the behind-the-scenes process of the most epic high school sports portraits I’ve ever seen. RTM uses fog, water effects, colored lights, high-action poses, and fun props to elevate their photos to the next level.

My goal is to highlight their work and promote it to other people who are interested in photography like I am.
Attachments
grc275_p01_roughs-08.jpg
grc275_p01_roughs-07.jpg
grc275_p01_roughs-06.jpg
grc275_p01_roughs-05.jpg
grc275_p01_roughs-04.jpg
grc275_p01_roughs-03.jpg
grc275_p01_roughs-02.jpg
grc275_p01_roughs-01.jpg
~ Shasta Mori ~

mars_sink

Re: Project One Preliminary Critique

Post by mars_sink »

Hi Shasta!

I like the idea behind your concepts. My favorite is the black-and-white ones; they feel a lot more modern and interesting. You could add more visual elements inspired by Rock Town Media, maybe their logo or colors inspired by the company. But the layout and concept are pretty cool. I cannot wait to see what you do with them.
- Mars

Melissa_Sanchez

Post by Melissa_Sanchez »

Hi Shasta,

I really like your second set of designs. Theres a lot of contrast between the black and white elements in your design and I like the flow of your imagery. I do have to say that from your first designs I like the Illustrative elements of the soccer balls, baseballs, and basketballs. I think the blue might be a little too strong, I think it would be a good idea to stick to an almost grey color palette that way it can match the basketballs and such.

kawinthrac

Post by kawinthrac »

Hi Shasta, I really like your bottom set of designs. Black header bar across the page contrast so well to background. White background make photos pops and catching the eyes. Texts are very easy to read. I think it all good. Maybe you can adjust a little more on grid and white spaces between photos to make it to increase balance and aesthetic.

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

Hi shasta,
I really like the blue designs, I like the way the navigation is organized. I also like the fonts you used and the layout of the blue one is very legible and not too difficult to read, i do find the bottom designs to be a little busy but I still really like both designs! cant wait to see which one you decide to go with!

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love your ideas on the first layout. There is more visual interest on the borders which draws the eye toward the middle of the page. I think you have a really great start and Im excited to see the direction you go with!
Olivia Haltom