Project 1 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

Which Version Do You Like More?

Green, pretty chill vibes
No votes
Dark Academia vibes
100%

Total votes: 4

mars_sink

Project 1 Roughs

Post by mars_sink »

Hi!

So the artist I chose is Julia Lepetit; they are an illustrator, writer, and designer. Really a jack-of-all-trades artist, but they are most well known for doing an art YouTube channel, where they work with three other people and create some of the most incredible art I've ever seen. Julia inspires me a lot as an artist because of their creative style, how much effort they put into their works, and how willing they are to try any form of art. So here are my roughs; let me know what you hate and love.
Attachments
prelimvers2_mob-01.png
prelimvers2_mob-02.png
prelimvers2-02.png
prelimvers2-02.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 92 times
prelimvers2-01.png
prelimvers2-01.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 92 times
prelimvers1_mob-02.png
prelimvers1_mob-01.png
prelimvers1-02.png
prelimvers1-02.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 92 times
prelimvers1-01.png
prelimvers1-01.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 92 times
Untitled_Artwork.png
- Mars

LMisher

Re: Project 1 Roughs

Post by LMisher »

Hello Mars,

You are off to a good start with your rough drafts. I enjoyed reviewing both versions, but the dark version is my favorite because it showcases more of the artist's work. The colors are well chosen and the font-family works well with the images. The only thing that I would have liked to have seen is your brainstorming and snag work, to have an idea of what your thought process was and to give us an idea of what your final version may look like. Other than that, I really appreciate the work that you've shared with us this far!
According to Benjamin Disraeli, "The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes". Let's make each day count!

LaTara :)

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi, I like how you decided to make a background, it looks great a geometrical. Besides that I would be careful of the images you use. One of the images of her is blurry. Also with the social media icons, you can see the white background and where you cut it out but otherwise you're on your way!
Aubrey Delos Reyes

shasta_m0ri

Post by shasta_m0ri »

Mars,
Both of these ideas are equally wonderful! I love the use of color and organic shapes. I find it hard to choose just one version, but I’m leaning a little more towards the second version. My suggestion for the desktop versions: split the body text into smaller, more readable chunks kind of like you did with the mobile version.
~ Shasta Mori ~

hazzie.jpg

Post by hazzie.jpg »

Hi Mars,
I am very drawn to your first concept. I love the design for the home button and the contrast of your color choices that makes the artist’s work stand out and speak for itself. I think that you’re off to a great start, but I agree with our peers that mentioned the blurriness of the images and sizing of the text. Adding to what they have said, I suggest you make sure that all of your sides have the same width. This will make placing content much simpler while you're developing it. Great job! Can’t wait to see your final work.
˙˚∘⊹Hazzie Castaneda⊹∘˚˙