Project01_prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Melissa_Sanchez

Project01_prelim

Post by Melissa_Sanchez »

Hi everyone,

the artist I decided to go with is Hayao Miyasaki. He is an animator and film maker, he has directed many studio ghibli movies. I love his artwork and many of his movies have made my childhood growing up. He has done some very inspiring work! I wanted to go for a simple and almost Illustrative look for the layouts. I would really appreciate the feedback!
Attachments
sitemappic1.40.31 PM.png
rough1_page1.png
rough1_page2.png
mobile1_page1.png
mobile1_page2.png
mobile2_menu.png
mobile2_menu.png (11.08 KiB) Viewed 170 times
mobile2_page1.png
mobile2_page2.png
rough2_page1.png
rough2_page2.png

drkittenpagas

Re: Project01_prelim

Post by drkittenpagas »

Hi Melissa,
I think both of your design are organized and look great, I think the top one feels more playful, so it's really where you want to take it.
Kirsten Pargas

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

hi melissa !
Hayao Miyasaki is one of my favorites too! Both of these designs look beautiful! The way you laid out the images in the second design flows and organizes the design very well and the heading portrait picture across the top complements the rest of the design. I do think I'm a little partial to the first design, I love how playful the imagery you added is and really shows off the personality of his work. I can't wait to see which you go with !
kristen rothbauer ━ ☆゚.*・。゚

kawinthrac

Post by kawinthrac »

Hi Melissa, I love both of your designs. I lean a bit more toward the first one. Light gray background color suits well with Miyazaki's hand drawn styles. I also like how you keep all texts in grey too. May be you can work a bit more on spacing and framing ratio to the artworks.

shasta_m0ri

Post by shasta_m0ri »

Melissa,
These are both really nice layout concepts. I love the bold, black and white portrait at the top of your page on the second set, but the first set draws me in more. I love the use of color and the inclusion of his characters. The first set is very lighthearted and playful.

I think if you stick to the theme of the first set but lay it out in a grid kind of like the second set, it will be golden.
~ Shasta Mori ~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I love your designs and layouts so far! I think the first set of web roughs is working best visually. I would love to see you incorporate a different color for the background aside from the grey. I think a low opacity blue work look good. Overall, a really great start! Im excited to see the direction you go in :)
Olivia Haltom

Seungwoo Lee

Post by Seungwoo Lee »

Hello! I think your design is pretty. Especially, I think the second web design. I think your second design is modern and clean. And I think Miyazaki Hayao's images is right. I think his animation is really creative and unique. I also like Miyazaki Hayao's animation and I'm a fan of him. I think you can express a little more unique web design. I think you really did a good work. I hope you cheer up until the end.